Thursday, September 3, 2009

Caprese Salad

If you had asked me about a year ago what was a caprese salad, I would have said "huh - what?" If you had asked me about 8 months ago what a caprese salad tasted like, I would have shrugged my shoulders and replied "don't know".

Well, I have now been enlighted and have actually tasted it, one time only though. It's actually a no brainer recipe and so easy to assemble but the taste is unbelievable .. sophistication at work - this is how I would put it. I decided to put together this salad to let my husband try it (he hasn't tasted it before either). Now I know why it cost and arm and a leg just to order this at restaurants. Mozzarella balls are so damn expensive! Add a good bottle of extra virgin olive and balsamic vinegar, you'd be a pauper for a while. But what the heck, sacrifices must be made for a good meal.





Caprese Salad
Serves 4

Ingredients:

1 medium size fresh ripe tomato (sliced)
1 ball fresh mozzarella (sliced)
1 handful fresh basil leaves

For Seasoning:

Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt and black pepper to taste

Method:

1) Slice the tomato and mozzarella

2) Assemble the salad by layering one piece of tomato followed by mozzarella. Top with a basil leaf.

3) Sprinkle with salt and black pepper

4) Drizzle salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always like caprese salad. It's easy to make, taste good and oh so pretty!

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

I love Insalata Caprese! It's so simple but so good. Colours of the Italian flag! Love your presentation.

Anonymous said...

Really good and quick!I made it exactly like recipe, we all loved it, thanks for the recipe .Superb Recipe !!!

Cheap PS3 games   

Soldes 2012 said...

Salad is the best for the health and fitness.Vegetables salad help to control on diabetes and cholesterol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails