This recipe uses nutella which I thought would be an interesting change. I've not tasted nutella before and can only imagine it to taste like melted chocolate. Silly me, of course it's chocolate. It says so on the label .. duh!! I opted for a hazelnut flavour instead for this particular receipe. I loved the taste of the nutella, especially when the cupcake was still warm. It had a slight crunchy chocolatey taste to it. This recipe produces 12 moist cupcakes. My sister said that these cupcakes were extremely tasty, without an eggy taste to it even though 3 eggs were used.
Nutella Frosted Cupcakes
(makes 12 cupcakes)
Recipe from Baking Bites
10 Tbsp (140 grams) butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups (200 grams) sifted all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup
1) Preheat oven to 325F or 180C. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
2) Cream together butter and sugar until light, which should take about 2 minutes.
3) Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don’t worry if the batter doesn’t look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
4) Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter. They should be 3/4 full, if you’re not using a scoop.
5) Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.
6) Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.