Peach Puff Pastry Tarts
2 peaches, peeled, remove the seed and slice thinly
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp brown sugar
* Mix above together and set aside
1) Preheat oven to 190C.
2) Roll out the puff pastry (recipe below) thinly about 1/4" and cut out 4 pieces measuring about 5" by 5" square. Using a knife slightly indent a border of about 1". This will allow the outer rim to puff out slightly more, thus creating a dam in the centre. (If you're not in the mood to make the pastry from scratch, you can always buy frozen butter puff pastry which will work just as well)
3) Brush the inner square of the pastry (4" by 4") with your favourite jam spread. (I used raspberry as this was all I had in my fridge).
4) Nicely arrange the peach slices in a straight row, overlapping each other.
5) Sprinkle the stop with almond flakes and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
6) Serve immediately whilst warm. You can brush the top with some more jam to create a glaze. Accompany the tart with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
Simple Rough Puff Pastry:
200g plain flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
1) Mix together the flour and salt. Cut the butter into small cubes and mix the butter into the flour without breaking up the lumps. Mix to a stiff doug with 100ml cold water the lemon juice.
2) On a floured board, roll the dough into rectangle three times as long as it is wide - about 30cm x 10cm.
3) Fold the top third down and bottom third up. Turn the pastry sideways and seal the edges. Continue to roll adn fold four times, leaving the pastry to rest for 15 minutes between each folding and rolling. Wrap in clingfilm and leave to rest and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before using. (Left over pastry can be frozen in the freezer.)