Fresh Strawberry Cake
Recipe Adapted from RecipeZaar
Makes 16 servings
Ingredients for the Cake:
2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 strawberry essence
3/4 cup fresh crushed strawberry, unsweetened
Ingredients for the Strawberry Glaze:
1/2 to 3/4 cup crushed strawberry
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
For the Cake:
1) Preheat oven to 180C.
2) Sift together: flour, salt, and baking powder.
3) In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for a total of 3 minutes, scrapping the sides of the bowl.
4) Then add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with the strawberry puree. Beat for two minutes.
4) Pour batter into two 8-inch round greased and floured cake pans. Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done. Turn out on to wire cooling racks to cool.
5) When cool, top with Strawberry Glaze.
For the Strawberry Glaze:
Mix together all ingredients. Use enough strawberries to thin mixture.