Muffins are so easy to put together, you don't need a mixer, at times you don't need to cream the butter because the recipe calls for vegetable oil or at times melted butter, you only use at most 2 bowls (sometimes one will do)and I'm sure there is a whole lot more to add to this.
Banana Chocolate Chip Espresso Muffins
Makes 12 medium-sized muffins
Recipe adapted from the Baked Cookbook
1 1/2 cups of mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium-sized bananas)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
113g (1 stick) of unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup of low-fat milk
1 large egg
1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp strong instant espresso powder dissolved in 1 Tbsp of hot water
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extra
1 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
2) Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
3) In a medium bowl, stir in the banana, sugars, butter, espresso, milk, vanilla extract and egg.
4) In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and gently add in the banana mixture. Stir into just combined.
5) Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
6) Fill each muffin tin about three quarters full and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
7) Once cooked, move muffins to a cooking rack. The muffins can be stored in an air tight container for up to two days.