Adapted from "Favourite Cupcakes & Cheesecakes"
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
1 tsp coffee extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1) Preheat oven to 160C. Line a 12 cupcake pan with paper liners.
2) Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Add in the eggs, one at a time and beat until mixed thoroughly. Then add in the the coffee extract.
4) Add the flour in 3 batches, alternating with the milk.
5) Divide the batter into the paper lines and bake for about 18 - 20 minutes. Immediately transfer to a wire rack once baked to allow the cupcakes to completely cool before icing with your favourite frosting.
6) Using a round piping tip #8, fill up a circle with chocolate butter (about 1") in the middle of your cupcake. Dip the cream into a bowl of chocolate rice. Next using a leaf tip #352, fill your piping bag with yellow buttercream and pipe leafs from the edge of the chocolate circle towards the outer edge of your cupcake. You can overlap the leafs to give it a more realistic petal look.